Friday, July 20, 2007

BBQ nite at Dewan Besar Kolej

Just came back from Dewan Besar Kolej. PIBG kindly sponsored a BBQ for all the teachers and staff of Kolej Abdillah.The food was good and I ended up eating more than 'necessary'.Anyway, we had a fantastic time listening to teachers and staff rendering songs (karaoke). Mr. Madzalan,as usual,found it difficult to resist the microfon. It was wonderful listening to him and his duet, Mr. Zaidi,singing 'Angin Malam',followed by 'Isabella' (I must confess that at that moment, Mdm.Norlia,Mdm.Noor Aishah and myself were seriously considering of going up the stage just to walk by the singers like the 'gadis videoclip',hehe!)and this time, his duet was En. Awang Kok. But, the biggest surprise of all was witnessing and listening to Mdm.Rahimah(yes, your Add.Maths teacher!)Mdm. Hjh Aishah (PKHem),Mdm Ani the clerk and Mdm.Melly the librarian singing 'Suci Dlm Debu'...those people could sing very well lah! Even Mr. Salleh Maarof(History teacher)belted out two songs tonight and of course, Mdm.Johara Zen (Pengetua) who sang a sweet evergreen song which hinted that she's not the microfon-shy type...Way to go to all those talented people. I am very sporting at times but unfortunately I do not have any talent in singing & dancing...Anyway,the teachers really let their hair down tonight.

Oh, I forgot to mention about the new name of the Dewan Besar..erm, actually, i forgot the new name. Anyway, the competition for renaming the Dewan Besar is still open..The hostel rooms are given new names too and even classes have new names (Merah/Ruby;Jingga/Amber;Amethyst/Indigo;Putih/Diamond;Biru/Sapphire;
Kuning/Topaz and Hijau/Emerald).The new elected prefects are called 'Exco Majlis Perwakilan Pelajar',there are 69 of them and they are still on a one month probation. I wish them well because I know it is not easy to be a prefect but it is a learning opportunity not to be missed either...

Okay,time to stop 'talking'. Syamsul, my student from 3 Ruby told me that he felt as if I was infront of him talking when he read my entry,hehe..For those who visited the blog and even sent something via the Shoutbox (which I really love to read),"Thank You" from Mdm. Ina and for those who havent given any comment,well,"komenlah",hehe..Good nait eberibodi!

1 comment:

n0na86 said...

hallo mdm!!
still remember me?
hiii..
not really sure wat bacth r me but but if u still remember hanisah, fidyatun, yunika..
all of them r my frenz..

it so fun reading on ur blogs..
it's remind me how much i miss kolej abdillah!!!
wuwuwuuu..