Thursday, July 5, 2007

Transformers and Harry Potter

My nine year old son is really mad about Transformers the movie(I haven't watched it and to him its a big sin..) I did try to get the cinema poster but to no avail. I thought to myself that by getting it, my ranking as the coolest mummy would be upgraded a bit..Anyway, my best friend, Aishah, was dissatisfied with the ending of the story which she said 'anti-climax'..I always feel the same about action movies, the characters fought so hard or underwent the most disastrous situations most of the time,but in the end,the efforts seemed useless or not satisfactory at all..Hmmm, maybe they should elect me to be one of the judges for any film festivals,huh!
My Form Five Diamond told me today that they had read the 1986 Spectra edition and saw my class photo(I was in Form Two-). Then, somebody showed me an old 'Kolej DPAH Abdillah Guide Book' which I remember given to us Collegians back in the 1980s when we registered in Kolej Abdillah on the first day...its golden in colour and only a few coloured pictures in it..I urged him to give the book to the school library because that book can be considered as 'barang sejarah'.of the school.Nowadays, we dont have any special book which makes students feel really special about registering as a collegian.Should we 'revive' it?
This coming July eleventh is a big day for us teachers and students of Kolej Abdillah.The whole one big family is going to watch 'Harry Potter' at Star Cineplex,at 7.30pm.This event is actually a drive by the school's PTA to get donation for the school. The tickets are sold at RM20,RM50 and RM100.Some students and some parents complaint about the price of tickets and having to buy it,but,they are not aware that the money is 'coming back' to them in the form of the school facilities and education-related programmes.People are quick to say negative things rather than the positive ones.Of course there are better ways to get money for the school,but,no matter how good it is,some are more willing to give harsh comments than constructive ones.So, you guys out there, be very supportive of Kolej Abdillah,eh?Hmm..this is serious stuff,ha,BORING LA MADAM INA TODAY,hehe..
Looking forward to this coming weekend.Friday is the best because it promises Saturday n Sunday!Plan to have a girls night out on Saturday nite,time to unwind!The activities?Window shopping-makan-gossipping..sounds really fun,eh?
Alright then,time to fly and land my head on the pillow.Really glad I can post something in the blog this week. Thinking of making the blog looks more 'interesting',any ideas?Well then,tarrraaa...

No comments: